Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My hot tub pump 2 will not shut down keeps runing non stop.

Customer Question
Hi there my hot...

Hi there my hot tub pump 2 will not shut down keeps runing non stop. And is over heating it hit 109 today

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Dynasty hot tub

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No just want a idea of what is the proble

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pump 2 says it not on but runs non Stop

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
10/17/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Yes you definitely have an issue. The first thing I would do is shut the system down before it over temps and goes into watchdog mode, which will create a series of problems to sort out. The second thing is to check for either a stuck button, or based on your post, perhaps a stuck pump relay or some other electrical issue that is causing a direct connection to the pump which is making it run nonstop.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. Please understand that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, however all my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, therefore I will kindly ask that while your question is open to check your email as I may send you updates or I may need additional information to help answer your question, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question if you believe it has relevance on this issue.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of these requests.

If you have any additional information you would like to add, just let me know and I will see if I can locate some more solutions to this question.

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified