Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

We have an aqua link RS4 pool & spa combo. Recently we

Customer Question
We have an aqua...

We have an aqua link RS4 pool & spa combo. Recently we noticed when in the spa, the jets weren't active and the water was slowly draining. All else is fin e, so I feel like somewhere a switch accidentally got flipped or something, any thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

It is built in like the pool, but all the equipment is hayward.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Preferably

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have a pool service that maintains the pool and as I said, it worked fine before, and even now, except slowly drained and no jet action. Could this be influenced by whether pool is draining from bottom or top, or what?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
10/6/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

T​he jets should be a separate system from the pool/spa filtration/circulation system. If the jets are controlled from a blower, that might be worth looking at and making sure the blower is working, if not it might be an electrical issue that would need to be further diagnosed. As for the spa draining slowly, this is strictly controlled by the pool pump, however you should also have balancing valves somewhere on the plumbing pipes that may have been moved or repositioned which is causing the spa to slowly empty. The balancing valves as usually very sensitive and can be closed or opened too much which will keep the spa filled or empty it quickly. You pool guy should know where these valves are located and can verify if they are working properly of if there is a blockage or other problem somewhere else.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?