Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I am getting a "6700 revision C" error message on my inside…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a "6700 revision C" error message on my inside control panel. I tried resetting the unit as specified but this still happens.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Yes. once before and the reset worked

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What i am worried about is that if i purchase the control panel i am worried if the entire system is bad and then throw away more money. the panel is not cheap $500

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

That error is a software default that is reverting back to factory settings. Not much you can troubleshoot since it is a software issue. You might try jiggling all the connectors 1 by 1 and see if the problem goes away. Sometimes corrosion or loose connectors cause the problem. Before spending the money I would consider having a qualified service tech come out and see if anything else may be causing the problem. Weak voltage, bad, but replaceable transistors, etc. The problem might also be the topside control and not the circuit board. Only by field testing can you better isolate and determine what is the best option.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?