Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a 2007 Solana SX Spa, Serial SX1L3051. It has a

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Solana SX Spa, Serial SX1L3051. It has a flashing "READY" light in the top right corner of the control head display. The buttons are unresponsive, and neither the circulation or heating systems will operate. What is the testing procedure to rule out all of the sensors? What are the expected values for the test points on the mainboard?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Solana is made by hotsprings, I think.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You are a bot, aren't you?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
10/1/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

T​he Ready light indicates there is a control sensor open somewhere. The recommendation from Hot Springs is to contact an authorized service tech. However if you are able to perform some basic procedures you can bypass the sensors you suspect are the problem simply by jumping them and see if the problem is corrected, if so bad sensor. Buttons being unresponsive sounds like a tripped breaker or GFCI of blown fuses. I would also make sure any air trapped in the system is removed as that can set of these sensitive sensors.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

I was hoping you could help me test all of the control sensors, so that I would not have to call an authorized service tech.
-Once the spa is plugged in, power reaches the board, no pumps or heater power on, the control head is powered up, it displays the minimum temp of 80F and a blinking ready light, about 20sec later the board turns the control head off.
+110AC power is still available to the board, No breakers are tripped. There are two ceramic fuses on the board, both are good, and I measure 110ac across them when the spa is plugged in.-There are three sensors, two temperature, one pressure. All of them vary their resistance in response to their purpose. Shorting or Bridging them each in turn has no effect.
Removing each in turn from the circuit generates the corresponding error code from the USER manual troubleshooting chart on the control head display, while it is on.-I need to know what the expected values for each of the sensors are at a given temp or pressure, as one of them could be out of range.

Bypassing the sensors will identify/verify if they are the problem or not. I am not able to help you test each item and walk you through troubleshooting procedures, that would require a lot of time and at a premium service rate. I am here to offer answers to your question and try to pinpoint where the problems should be focused as the causes and possibly a simple repair. If you are not able to determine what to test or how to identify a part, that will require a service provider to be present to actually work on the spa and diagnose the problem.

I am trying to help save you some time and money by not guessing what might be he cause. Spa 's in general are a major pain to troubleshoot because the problem may be related to several components that require in depth knowledge and time to identify which I can not do from a computer.

I will continue to try and offer some insight as to what is causing the error.

What repairs or service did you perform prior to the problem?

Here is a link to an excellent troubleshooting guide that might help locate the problem

https://www.geckodepot.com/fichiers/documentsProduits/GDA/en/TSPA-MP%20Techbook.pdf

I can identify and locate parts.
I need you to lay some knowledge on me that didn't come from a google search.

I have been trying to do just that, but I have nothing in front of me for reference, no photos, and no additional information. Everything you have said and tried has not worked and I still believe you have a electrical communications issue, that Hot Springs recommends contacting a authorized service provider. Jiggling wire connectors, testing for voltage, verifying breakers, GFCI's, and fuses are all good, bypassing sensors and switches is about as far as you can go. I want to continue to try and help but I am not sure how else I can?

At this point I will defer to other experts that might be able to help solve this problem. If they are unable you would like me to continue trying, let me know and I will do so.