Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Since yesterday. Um not sure....i have a 2007 calspa

Customer Question
Since yesterday Contractor's Assistant:...

Since yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Um not sure....i have a 2007 calspa cs9800tv and last night the tv popped up on its own and had to be diconnected and turned down manually and disconnected from the lift control. A clicking is coming from my control box now and it wont stock. might be a relay? Also the heater will kick on and the circ will also. but other wise the buttons wont register. the clicking sounds like a turn signal.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Not sure if this helps but the skirt is off an it was raining out for the first time since i have had the tub.
9/26/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

T​he clicking is most likely a stuck relay, either do to faulty sensory inputs, a voltage problem, or the relay itself. You can try turning the breakers off for a few minutes and see if the relay will stop chattering, if not try tapping it a few quick times with the handle end of a screwdriver to see if you can shake it loose and maybe reset it. If the problem won't stop, you will need to get a service provider out to further diagnose the problem or determine if the control board needs replacing.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

As for the TV releasing, is it electrically opened or just pushing down manually to open it? If electrically it could be from the electrical issues cause from the relay, if manual who knows, maybe a 1 time thing?