Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a hot tub with a running hot problem. Saratoga spa. I…

Customer Question
I have a hot...

I have a hot tub with a running hot problem

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Saratoga spa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced filters, flushed the system to make sure it wasn't air locked, replaced the temp control sensors. It's set at 99' and climbs up to 109

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/26/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

D​oes the actual water temperature get to 109* or just the numbers on the screen? If the water gets that hot I would look at the heater and the related sensors and thermostat and heater relays. It sounds like something isn't telling the heater to shut off until the high temp sensor trips. If it is just the numbers on the control panel, maybe a stuck button or bad board? It would need further testing to better identify. There are not many parts in the heating system, so narrowing down the cause should be fairly straight forward if you have testing equipment and can access the pieces. If not I recommend calling out a qualified service provider to determine the cause.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified