Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Watkins E5 Circulation pump leaking. The seal is…

Customer Question
I have a Watkins...

I have a Watkins E5 Circulation pump leaking. The seal is intact, the impeller is in good condition and I can't tell where the water is coming from.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I'm guessing over a month. All of the water had leaked out of the hot tub.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep. Ive already taken the old pump out. I'm just a little perplexed where it is leaking.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope, just want to know if this is a common problem. My hot is 6 years old.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/24/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

C​an you provide a few photos showing where the leaking is occurring.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave