Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have an Aquapro ECO 600 heat pump that I bought new in the…

Customer Question
I have an Aquapro...

I have an Aquapro ECO 600 heat pump that I bought new in the Spring. All of a sudden it's chilling instead of heating when I turn the heater on. The unit is icing over and cooling the pool instead of turning on the blower fan and heating. Is there a way to reset it?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Hayward

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
9/24/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the heat pump has a 4 way reversing valve that must put the heat pump in cooling mode for about 2 minutes when the heat pump goes into defrost mode.

.

If the unit stays in defrost mode longer than it takes to melt the frost on its 'radiator' (called the evaporator coil) then that valve is stuck, or is not getting the correct voltage to its control coil to operate in heating mode.

.

We can go from there without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.