Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My Jandy controller displays Water Sensor Opened.... Im not…

Customer Question
My Jandy controller displays...

My Jandy controller displays Water Sensor Opened....

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Im not sure of duration, what happened is "stop/starts" the main motor I believe that this caused the motor capicator to explode...I conclude this as I replaced the capicitator and pump runs fine...three days now....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have the pump running on manual mode

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If it is simple then I could get by with directions and or video

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/22/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 9 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Here are a couple of links to help troubleshoot the system. If you have a open water sensor, you might look at the flow switch to see if it is stuck open or has failed causing the error warning. The best way to verify is to bypass the sensor and see if the error goes away, if so bad sensor, if not problem is elsewhere and will require further diagnosing.

https://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/l/l0858.pdf

https://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/0748-91071/6919.pdf

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from what you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

https://images.inyopools.com/cloud/documents/jandy-controls-all-button.pdf

I can see open this last one you sent. I think the Jandy site has issue, as I went to site and looked for TS manual. I found it and opened with exactly same issue. I do some more hunting

Hmm.. both those links worked for me no problem, if you still can't open let me know and I'll locate another source, there are a dozens sites with reference to this manual.

Im looking at other sites as well. I do not see the specific Troubleshooting manual. Can you attach the PDF and not the link?

Sorry I tried to save as a PDF and attach but the site won't let me do that for whatever reason.

The result was slow to finalization, however, I would not say that I will never use this again.
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 8 months ago

W​ere you able to resolve the problem or do you still require assistance? If so let me know how I can help.

I did a reset on the panel outside...the pump motor can on and remained on, however, the "water sensor open" is still coming on screen of indoor controller. Could this sensor be one of the thermocouples, either atmospheric temperature or anti-freeze.. The motor is not turning on and off, it is running continuously. I'll try and get picture of screen.

Yes it is possible providing there are wires attached, if the pump came on and stays on regardless of what you are doing to shut it off, that sounds like a stuck relay. If relay is stuck that might be why the error is coming up. You can try tapping very quickly on the relay using the handle end of a screwdriver and see if that unsticks the relay. If not either a bad relay or something else is making it stay closed. If a bad relay then you will need to replace the board or have it repaired if you have someone in your area.