Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a quartet spa that does not want to heat right. Goes…

Customer Question
I have a quartet...

I have a quartet spa that does not want to heat right. Goes up to about 85 degrees and that's it

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

It is a Clearwater spa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If there us some simple checks yes but otherwise I'm fine with someone coming out and fix it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/20/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

T​here could be a couple of reasons why the temp only goes to 85, are you getting any error codes?

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

It blinks back and forth between d75 to 87 ( I assume to be the temperature)

I can think of 3 possible reasons. Air trapped in the system is causing the sensors to trip which is telling the heater to shut off. You do no have the proper voltage to the heater, maybe a blown fuse, tripped GFCI's or breakers, a faulty flow switch or hi temp sensor. If you have testing equipment you can isolate the problem. Do you have a copy of the manual for reference?