Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have a viking hot tub it is coding with IC it is 86 here

Customer Question
so Ice is not na...
I have a viking hot tub it is coding with IC it is 86 here so Ice is not na issue, but once the spa runns for a while it goes to HH but the IC is still poping upo I just replaced the heater and therostats again but still getting the code what else can be causing it
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: viking
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can figure it out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Replaced the pump this spring all jets are working water get too hot
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/20/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

B​oth the IC and HH error codes could be the sensors not communicating with each other or the control panel. If you just did work on the spa, it could also be air trapped in the system. Remove all the air and see if the codes go away.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company