Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Irma came to visit so I turned off power to my Via spa L200…

Customer Question
Irma came to visit...

Irma came to visit so I turned off power to my Via spa L200 series. I've drained it cleaned it out; in addition I took the filter out cleaned it. When I turned the power on it gave flo and a picture of the filter. I took the filter out and it started to bubble then stopped..now it says H1L1

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Vita

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends but I'll try the kiss method

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What other troubleshooting thing should I try?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/19/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

T​he FLO error code is usually from a flow switch not being closed. The H1L1 is usually a high limit sensor being tripped. Both of these are most likely from have air trapped in the system. It is easy for air to enter a drained spa and when you took out the filters.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

If you have already added water, remove the filters and place a garden hose down the filter ports. Back the hose up with a rag to prevent blowback. While the hose is filling up the filters, run the pumps and see if you can remove the air. Some filters have air release valves built onto them. If not and the errors don't improve you may need to crack a quick fitting to let the air out.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 9 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted.

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave