David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

Sundance Marin 880 approx. 2004 watchdog error. Removed and

Customer Question

Sundance Marin 880 approx. 2004 watchdog error. Removed and replaced hi limit sensor same error removed and replaced temp sensor same error selectively removed pumps, heater, sensors, switches. either same error or dead panel. even tried the blow dryer on the two big capacitors to no effect, figure at this point its the ckt board?
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: approx 2004
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: should be a simple repair, I used to repair aircraft radar, radios and Nav systems
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: any other ideas befor I go for the board? some online suggestions to replace the two big start up capicators. no signs of leakage or bulging on them
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

T​he watchdog error on a Sundance could be anything and it is recommended to contact a qualified service provider to diagnose further, however it could also be the following. Try turning the system completely off for 10-15mins and let the control panel/circuit board reset. When you turn it back on watch the panel for a different error code before it goes into watchdog mode. If it doesn't show and error or go back to watchdog, don't worry too much until it returns, however if it does goes back into watchdog, most likely there is a problem with the circuit board and the smaller components and capacitors. Early 2000's had problems with a lot of the electronic parts making these boards up, especially the capacitors. Keep in mind there are no guarantees this will correct the problem, but initially something triggered the watchdog.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?