Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Have a 2002 Sundance and flo2 is showing. I changed the

Customer Question
Hi. Have a 2002...

Hi. Have a 2002 Sundance and flo2 is showing. I changed the filter. Powered down but still showing. Have the panels open. Called dealer and tapped t with a screwdriver. Any other suggestions. Thx

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Not sure. Maybe a week. Had not been in it recently

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If something relatively easy. Otherwise not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Think I had pump switch replaced

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/17/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

FLO2 is the error code for a CLOSED OR SHORTED FLOW SWITCH ON SYSTEM STARTUP (system disabled) Flow switch is non-functional. This must be repaired only by a dealer or qualified service organization. You might try bypassing the switch and see if the problem is corrected, if so the flow switch needs to be replaced.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

If you know the model of the spa that would help to better troubleshoot the problem.