Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I replace shaft seal on waterway svls56-110 spa pump. After…

Customer Question
I replace shaft seal...

I replace shaft seal on waterway svls56-110 spa pump. After reinstalling, it wont start. Swapped capacitor from good pump and still no start. Hmmm in timer box. Normal power at electrical connection. Pump is 4 yr old record pump that runs 8-10 hrs/day. Suspect thermal switch which has 3 wires. What should continuity check be between poles? How do I check fields wiring?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Don't know. installed by a spa install specialist. Pumps likely independent of spa manufacturer.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its within reason.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think what it would be.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/17/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Does the pump shaft turn freely without any electrical input?

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 9 months ago

Thanks,

Dave