Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

A indicator F5 indicating service required. What does F 5

Customer Question
a indicator F5 indicating...
a indicator F5 indicating service required. What does F 5 indicate
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: one day
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not necessarily. depends on what is wrong
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: water flow seems to be ok. the F5 is an indication i hjave not seen before.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: i don't know maybe one day. i haven't used the heater for more than a week.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: john, master tech replied 4 months ago
john
john, master tech

what brand and model?

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

M​ost F codes are filtration codes. The number refers to the hours times 2 the filter needs to finish its cycle. F5 = 10hours of filtration. If you think it might be something else, please provide spa model, make and year and I will look to see if something specific to that spa.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified