Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Pentair heater won't come on. It has been running fine but…

Customer Question
Pentair heater won't come...

Pentair heater won't come on. It has been running fine but won't come on today. It is a Pentair master temp 400. Relatively new and has service light on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what the solution is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I see what is wrong. Error codes ?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

3 years

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/16/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

WHat LED is lit on the back of the control board?

HLS

If you have good flow through the unit then an HLS error indcates a failed hi limit switch. The next step would be to replace the limit switch.

Do you have more questions?