David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

I have a TriStar VS Pump - model: SP3200VSP. It was flooded

Customer Question

I have a TriStar VS Pump - model: SP3200VSP. It was flooded and the motor was under water and the "brain box was open to the water. Can I just replace the motor and the control box or would it just be better to replace the pumpaltogether
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

F​rom your post am I correct that there are 3 pieces, pump, impeller assembly, and control panel? If so the impeller assembly has moving parts and should be inspected for proper lubrication. The motor can be bench tested and inspected for internal damage and then a decision can be made as to replace or keep. The control box can also be tested and inspected for internal damage.

I would not replace anything if it is still working, after it has been inspected and tested by a trusted technician.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?