David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

What is the function of a small hose on the top of the pump

Customer Question

What is the function of a small hose on the top of the pump output housing that goes to a tee fitting on one of the larger hoses near the top that supplies water to a spa jet? Is this an air bleed for the pump? It has been problematic; usually leaks, the threaded nipple end broke off and all water was lost. Can this line be eliminated?
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Vita Spa
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

Can you provide a few photos?

Expert:  David Bowden replied 27 days ago.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Expert:  David Bowden replied 9 days ago.

M​ost likely this is an air relief section that should be repaired which will correct you leak, any leak will allow air into the system causing problems. If you are unable to find replacement parts you can make any type of release you want so long as it will close off the water 100%

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. Please understand that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, however all my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?