Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My Hayward color logic 4.0 only flashes blue, red, red, Just…

Customer Question
My Hayward color logic...

My Hayward color logic 4.0 only flashes blue, red, red

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started today when I shut off the unit to clean the filters. When I repowered the system and turned on the light, it only cycles through, blue, red, red

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

What does the thermostat and the filters have to do with the light not functioning corrx correctly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have no idea whether work is even required yet. Working on electrical issues in a pool full of water does not sound appealing to me

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ma'am

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/12/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

D​o you have a copy of the manual? It sounds like it has defaulted back to either the last program/show, or the factory default. You may need to try reprogramming the lights to see if all the colors are working/synced properly. You would need the manual to reference programming modes.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I do, but your response of "Look at the manual its probably a default factory setting" was not helpful at all. I've looked at the manual and the only means I have for changing the programming is to cycle the light on and off. If you do it within the specificed time, under 10 seconds I believe, its supposed to move onto the next program. It's not doing that, it's staying on the blue or white, red, red sequence. I've turned it off and then back on, gone through the cycling sequence again and nothing changes. I was hoping to you could tell me that sequence means "xxxxxxxx", my next recourse appears to be to contact Hayward, unless you have some new information??
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago

I​f the manual is not helpful enough to make corrections or resetting the programming, then the problem is going to be deeper than you or I can fix and I think you are wise to contact Hayward direct and see if they have a solution or can direct you to a service provider. Sorry I wasn't able to offer more info or help.

Good luck,

Dave

Greetings… I have been unable to locate any additional information regarding this question that might offer a possible solution, and was following up to see if you needed further assistance or if the information and recommendation were helpful? If not let me know and I will continue looking for other possible solutions.

Best,

Dave