David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

I am buying a pool. I would like to use a hydrogen peroxide

Customer Question

I am buying a pool. I would like to use a hydrogen peroxide system for the pool so what filter is recommended? it seems like de is the best filter for clarity but the hydrogen peroxide will destroy the de filter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

Here is a link to better understanding if changing from Chlorine to Hydrogen Perioxide is worth it. As for the filter system you basically have 3 choices, DE, cartridge, and sand. Since DE would not be a choice, then sand would be my recommendation simply because it requires less maintenance and gives better results.

http://www.spectralightuv.com/hydrogen-peroxide-pools

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

I highly recommend you follow the advice in the Disadvantages section if you are considering installing this on a swimming pool. If you need additional help, just let me know.

Dave