Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My handy pool heater is not turning on. It's showing failed…

Customer Question
Hey there My handy...

Hey there My handy pool heater is not turning on. It's showing failed stat enabled, and failed fulelink

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Premier Pool and Spa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping to see if there was an easy troubleshoot answer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The heater has worked amazingly in the past never have had a problem its only 3 years old

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/9/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What's the model number of your Jandy heater?

JXI
JXI400N

The vent temp sensor needs to be replaced and the unit should be checked out by a pro since this type of failure is indicative of a combustion problem.