Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Skimmer pump not pumping water. not sure if there is a way…

Customer Question
Skimmer pump not pumping...

Skimmer pump not pumping water. not sure if there is a way to turn it on and off?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

We have a company service it every week and they had a new guy here Monday so not sure if he turned it off. so since Monday. I cant reach them today because its Saturday and we are having a big party later today and the pool wont heat enough because of the low water flow.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes for now. just wondering if there that pump can be turned on and off manually

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Water is flowing thru the drains in the bottom of the pool so some water is going thru the heater but it is a low amount compared to normal because the skimmer pump isn't pumping water

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/9/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

P​ool water level should be around 1/2 way into the skimmer or wall tiles. If it is any lower you need to add water so the pump can circulate and filtrate. If you do not want to run the pump just turn it off at the breaker. You can always turn the breaker back on if you need to run the pump. If this is not what you were looking for, let me know and I will try to help more.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago

Thanks,

Dave

Greetings… I have been unable to locate any additional information regarding this question that might offer a possible solution, and was following up to see if you needed further assistance or if the information and recommendation were helpful? If not let me know and I will continue looking for other possible solutions.

Best,

Dave