Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My MAAX Elite Hot TUB was in Hurricane Harvey And 3 inches…

Customer Question
My MAAX Elite Hot...

My MAAX Elite Hot TUB was in Hurricane Harvey And 3 inches of water got in bottom of case. Already know power pack got wet 2 inches up when I opened up power pack case. Will water hurt pumps also? Power was off as lost electricity prior to flooding. Under case had 3 inches water maybe. Have ordered power pack and heater. Should I order two pumps also?

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

MAAX Elite 8000

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Will have a Technician install parts

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That about covers it. I totally drained then cleaned tub, but when I tried to turn GFCI Breaker on it would NOT Stay on. MAAX technician said must be power pack and asked me to open case and check. It showed rusted connections 2 inches from bottom of case. Above that all looked good.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/9/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, water will not hurt the pumps as long as you let them dry out completely before trying to start the spa again, give it a week of dry weather, that will do it.

.

We can go from there after you rate this brief answer, with no time limits …. and with as much coaching and trouble shooting as needed.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.