David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

We have a twilight ts 240 spa. When shut off the spa drains

Customer Question

We have a twilight ts 240 spa. When shut off the spa drains out of the brown hose on left rear of spa.need to fix!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Here is a line to a few Twilight manuals for reference. The drain assembly has very specific procedures to prevent leaking. If you know the year we can better understand how that drain assembly should be positioned.

https://www.masterspapartsonline.com/owners-manuals/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Next to date of mfg PTAF do you know what that means?

O​nly thing I can think of is Pleated Type Air Filters, but that is strictly a guess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sir, the serial number on my spa is(###) ###-####which would put the date of mfg 2014. Does this help you? Thanks.

Basically the same info, nothing different, but thanks for identifying the year. Here is the info again out of the manual. Most likely you will need to play with it and see if you can get it to stop leaking, if not let me know exactly what is leaking and we'll see if we can find a solution or if it needs replacing.

DRAINING YOUR SPA The drain is located behind the front panel on the far right side, grasp the hose bib cap and turn it counter clockwise. Attach a garden hose, if desired. Turn the black knob on the side of the valve a quarter turn. Draining times may vary by model using the external hose bib. A sump pump may also be used to drain the spa quickly. NOTE: When pushing or pulling the assembly in or out, water will drip from the drain during the transition. This is normal. TS 120 and TS 240 only. The drain is located behind the front panel of the spa, grasp the hose bib cap and turn it counter clockwise. Attach a garden hose, if desired. Turn the black knob on the side of the valve a quarter turn. Draining times may vary by model using the external hose bib. Be sure to replace the cap once the spa has been drained.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I have located all the shut off valves. When I attempt to fill the spa water still discharges out of the one inch hose on the hot tube left rear. Problem still exists. Thanks

Is the valve you have the same type as the manual shows? If different can you send photo? D​o you think the valve is worn out allowing the water to leak?

Expert:  David Bowden replied 9 days ago.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted.

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave