poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I can not get my pool pump to turn back on, after cleaning

Customer Question

Hello, I can not get my pool pump to turn back on, after cleaning the filters
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Splash time pools
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'd like to... Ive been doing it the last couple of months...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't get the system to start/stop button to come on... when I hit the menu button it brings me to settings but then the system freezes, it won't allow me to scroll thru any of the options..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a make and model number of the pump or the controller?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sta-rite intelliflo 2 VSF. I was able to figure out how to manual run it today, but it will not stop when I push the start/stop button. I tried to factory reset ( 0 RMP), it freezes on settings, once menu is pressed and will not allow me to scroll through the options. 1 and 3 are the only manual options I am able to choose from. 1 being 900 Rpm and 3 being 2200 rpm.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Do you have a copy of the operators manual fro reference?

Alerts and Warnings The IntelliFlo® VSF Variable Speed and Flow Pump displays all alarms and warnings on the control panel display. When an alarm or warning condition exists, the corresponding light will be lit on the display. In the event of an alarm: The alarm light " " will illuminate and all control panel buttons will be disabled until the alarm is cleared. Pressing the Reset button will clear the alarm once the fault condition has been resolved. In the event of a warning: The warning light " " will illuminate, but the pump will continue to run. The speed, flow or pressure limit that is causing the warning must be adjusted in order to correct the warning. Note: The pump will not start if the impeller is rotating.

Is there an alarm or warning that occurred?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do have the manual and I have reviewed it multiple times. There are no warning lights or alarm lights. The alarm light came on when I turned the breaker off, but once I hit reset it cleared the alarm. It seems like the system is frozen. It will not let me scroll through the menu settings, I.E. date/time/ set schedule etc.... I feel the computer part of the pump is broken.

Y​es the manuals never dig deep enough into what is really wrong, they want you to buy replacement parts. Pump does not respond to IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, SunTouch, IntelliComm system commands. Do you think any of this could be causing the communication problem?

Improper automation setup.
Communication network inoperative.
1. Be sure that the communication cable is connected at both ends.

2. Check that the pump local address matches with the address used in the IntelliTouch control system.

3. Check that the pump has been assigned a circuit name on the IntelliTouch control system.

4. Ensure that the pump display says “DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE”. A defective device on the network can inhibit the proper operation of other network device. Devices should be disconnected sequentially until the network starts working.

T​he one good thing is replacement parts are available with a parts number listed in the manual for easy ordering. Do you need a few reliable suppliers?