poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I';ve been out of town for a month. A week ago my daughter

Customer Question

I';ve been out of town for a month. A week ago my daughter was over and noticed the pump buzzing and was hot, but not turning. The overheat reset must have been cycling. Where should I star4t looking for the pluggage in the pumping system?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I replaced the electric motor a couple of years ago. I had an algae problem and backwashed then replaced the DI just before I left in late July.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: earlier in the summer I shocked the pool to knock down the algae.
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Local contactor. Hayward pump and DI filter. Polaris 360 cleaner
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

I​ would look at the impeller to make sure it is not stuck from a small object tat the vacuum may have sucked up. Rock, screw, glass, stick, seed, etc can find there way inside and jam the impeller. Easiest way is to turn pump off, remove basket, and try to turn the impeller, if it won't turn, try turning it backwards and see if something is jamming it. It the impeller turns freely, pump may be internally frozen, bad bearings, worn shaft, etc. Most likely pump will require replacing.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?