poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

My Jandy equipment is constantly saying "no flow" and I have

Customer Question

My Jandy equipment is constantly saying "no flow" and I have had algae issues all summer here in NC . So I switched all the breakers off in the Jandy computer box. Now I get a reading that says "service" and 172,185 and 186 is showing on the screen. My salt level is 3100. Any help?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: The "no flow" has been several weeks but I don't seem to ever have pure water without me shocking it with shock and tabs. The green algae is bad and some black algae spots have formed for months. The 172,185 and 186 are just since I powered down yesterday.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. Depends on how involved. Is there a reset button that I seem to read about in blogs?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's 6 years old, 24k gallons concrete pool. The aqua pure sensor was replaced twice early on and were warranted so I did not pay for it. But everything is beyond warranty.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

S​alt level is about right, 3200 is ideal, however I have some concerns regard the algae issues, especially the black algae. Black algae is the most resistant to chemicals and shock treatment really has no effect on it unlike green/yellow algae. Filtration is the first step, circulation the second step, and chemical balance the third step, regular cleaning the fourth step. If you don't have control on these, dumping more chemicals into the pool is not going to have any impact and will do more harm than good.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know by the codes that it is a flow sensor problem.

T​hat error will need to be resolved, however it will not eliminate the black algae and most likely the filters will need to be cleaned real well after you clean the pool. You might even have to drain the pool to get the algae removed. Black algae roots itself into the plaster and normal cleaning will not suffice.