Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a hayward h300fdn pool heater, at first it had a ce…

Customer Question
I have a hayward h300fdn...
I have a hayward h300fdn pool heater, at first it had a ce error code and now no lights at all. there is power going to the unit. earlier in the season i had the ce error code and replaced the icb and had no problem since until the other day. after the ce code came up i pulled off the control panel to check the ribbon wire and when i put it back i had no lights on the control panel anymore. i also just installed a new control panel because i thought i may have touched something and blew it out but still no lights
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/7/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

C​hances are you have a couple of issues to resolve. 1st is the CE error code which you already know to be a communications problem between the control panel and control board. If you don't have a blown fuse or lose connection somewhere, you might have a stuck button that timed out and shut the system down. The only way to know would be to try and verify all buttons are not stuck.

2nd issue might be a voltage problem such as a tripped breaker of GFCI. If so this may have been caused from a high temp sensor tripping and for safety reasons shut the system down.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 10 months ago

Thanks,

Dave

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted.

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave