Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Jandy Dev 60 DE pool filter that was installed in…

Customer Question
I have a Jandy...

I have a Jandy Dev 60 DE pool filter that was installed in 2012 along with a new multiport valve. I have been experiencing difficulty in performing a routine backwashing as the DE never comes off of the grids; as evidenced by continuous clear water in the sight glass and no white residue in the discharge water area. With that said, I have had to resort to disassembling the filter and cleaning the grids manually. This has been going on for a couple of years. Last year I acid washed the grids at the end of the season per recommendation by Anthony and Sylvan. I did my laborious cleaning of the filter grids about a month ago and my pressure and water flow is indicating it needs to be done again. I've attempted the standard backwashing but once again to no avail. I did notice however, that my pressure reading goes back to normal for about a day and then goes back up. Any advise or suggestions is appreciated.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Anthony and Sylvan

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yea, I always do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This was never an issue with the old filter. I used to do a backwash about once a month during the season. There were only three grids on the old one.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
8/7/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

That's why I submitted the request in the first place!
Cease and desist!
I am not spending another dime on this.
Just answer is a racket and I'm advising Amex accordingly

Sorry to read you are having issues with the site, please understand I am independent of the site and am available to help answer your question if I can. If you have any disagreement with the site , please contact customer service to resolve. Should you decide to accept my offer of advice to possible help resolve your issue, just let me know.

Thanks

Dave