Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Jacuzzi 300 collection and the FLO2 light is on…

Customer Question
I have a Jacuzzi...

I have a Jacuzzi 300 collection and the FLO2 light is on what do I have to do?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started today. I have been out of town for the last 2 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has not been use for a few months and has been in auto mode. The frist thing i did was clean the filters

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
8/6/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

​Try these steps from the J-300 manual and see if the problem corrects itself

14.7 Panel Flashes FL1 or FL2 A flashing “FL1” display means the flow switch is malfunctioning open, the filter cartridge is excessively dirty or an “air lock” condition has occurred at the circulation pump intake. A flashing “FL2” display means the flow switch is malfunctioning closed. In either case, the spa heater will deactivate and jets pump #1 may also deactivate. To correct condition perform the following: 1. Verify water level is above all jets but below lowest pillow. Add water if necessary. 2. Check for clogged or dirty filter cartridge. 3. Purge “air lock” from circulation pump intake by removing filter cartridge. Hold your garden hose over the filter cartridge wall fitting while using a rag as a seal around hose end. Ask a helper to turn on water for 30 seconds, then turn off. Reinstall filter cartridge and check spa. 4. If the circulation pump is not running, turn power off at the main breaker, then turn power back on. This will reset the circulation pump priming cycle. Once the pump is primed, the error should clear. 5. If problem persists, contact your authorized Jacuzzi dealer.

Tried that there are 2 lines one goes out to the jets and they are ok the other didn't do anything. Does it need a new switch?

t​hat is very possible and logical, since something is telling the control board there is a default somewhere. Unless you have the proper testing equipment it is most likely a guess and replacing the switch may or may correct the error code.

If you are unsure of this I recommend contacting a local authorized repair center to personally inspect, troubleshoot, and discuss the problem and costs associated with it, as there may be other problems that caused the switch malfunction.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave