Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I HAVE A JANDY LITE 2 Pool heater the heater starts for

Customer Question
I HAVE A J*****...

I HAVE A J***** *****TE 2 Pool heater the heater starts for about 10 seconds then shuts down. Getting an FL2 code

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Handy pool heater

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had a spider web that was taken out and the heater ran fine for a month

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
8/5/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An FL2 is a failed igniton error. Since it fires up then goes out this would indicate a flame sensing issue. You ca try cleaning the flame sensor with steel wool. It's on the right side of th burner array and has a bent metal rod positioend in the burner flame. 1 lead connected to it. Clean off the metal rod.

poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company