poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I HAVE A JANDY LITE 2 Pool heater the heater starts for

Customer Question

I HAVE A J***** *****TE 2 Pool heater the heater starts for about 10 seconds then shuts down. Getting an FL2 code
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: handy pool heater
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i had a spider web that was taken out and the heater ran fine for a month
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An FL2 is a failed igniton error. Since it fires up then goes out this would indicate a flame sensing issue. You ca try cleaning the flame sensor with steel wool. It's on the right side of th burner array and has a bent metal rod positioend in the burner flame. 1 lead connected to it. Clean off the metal rod.