poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

We have a jandy 6613. what is the optimal pressure, i am

Customer Question

we have a jandy 6613. what is the optimal pressure
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: i am covering for my friend who is on vacation. in the morning pressure is at 25 psi
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we are talking about backwash here
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i did a backwash this this morning and it went down to 20. but an hout later it was at 30
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  James Hankins replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to answer your questions! From what you've said, 20 psi after backwashing is pretty much right on the nose. But an hour later going up to 30psi definitely isn't normal. When you backwashed the filter, did you close any valves, such as a valve for the returns? And I know this may be a ridiculous question, but did you use the "rinse" setting after backwashing? And are you sure the handle for the multiport is seated firmly in the "filter" position now?

If it's not one of these things, let me know and we can try to look a little deeper into the issue. It may take me a little while to respond, but any time you post something new here, it'll notify me and I'll get back to you with a response as soon as I'm able!

Hey, there! Just checking to see if you were able to take care of your problem or if you still needed help with it. If you still need assistance, you can reply here and we'll continue trying to troubleshoot the problem.