Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I was wondering what a 2 person sonana hot tub 4 years old…

Customer Question
I was wondering what...

I was wondering what a 2 person sonana hot tub 4 years old fair condition was worth and if it could be outside during iowa winter? My friend is selling one and said make an offer and I want to give her a fair price.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the hot tub?

Sorry solana

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes we have a cement slab poured it only weighs 300 lbs so we will move it and set it up

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope she used it one year didn't use it last year and the other guy had it 2 years its inside right now but if we buy it we will have it outside just need to know a fair price

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
its been an hour and I still do not have an answer please respond
Hot springs is the manufacturer
8/3/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Cole, Salesman replied 11 months ago
Cole
Cole, Salesman

Hi there, I'm Cole. If you still need help I am glad to help.

I'm trying to see what the solana by hot springs is worth it's not the tx I guess they don't make them anymore they stopped like 10 years ago

pretty much when we run across used tubs the value is typically between 500.00 and 1000.00 sometimes up to 1500.00 if a large expensive tub to start with. now hot springs is what i consider upper end on tubs so may be some more value there. is there any chance this was exposed to freezing temps at all when not running?

It was inside but the room was shut off not heated it looks to be in fair condition some mildew on the cover but nothing major by the looks
I was told it was 4 years old but upon checking apparently they stopped making that one 10 years ago

so usually my main concern would be if it got left empty in freezing condition. even if they said they emptied it they can hold water in the under piping and freeze. if you are able to fill it and see if it leaks anywhere that would be a little bit of insurance for you. if it is 10 years old i would say more down in the 500.00 to 1000.00 range if working condition. it is a good brand.