Cole
Cole, Salesman
Experience:  tech support, purchasing and sales at my family owned business.
95045110

I was wondering what a 2 person sonana hot tub 4 years old

Customer Question

I was wondering what a 2 person sonana hot tub 4 years old fair condition was worth and if it could be outside during iowa winter? My friend is selling one and said make an offer and I want to give her a fair price.
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: sorry solana
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes we have a cement slab poured it only weighs 300 lbs so we will move it and set it up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope she used it one year didn't use it last year and the other guy had it 2 years its inside right now but if we buy it we will have it outside just need to know a fair price
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its been an hour and I still do not have an answer please respond
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hot springs is the manufacturer
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. If you still need help I am glad to help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying to see what the solana by hot springs is worth it's not the tx I guess they don't make them anymore they stopped like 10 years ago
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

pretty much when we run across used tubs the value is typically between 500.00 and 1000.00 sometimes up to 1500.00 if a large expensive tub to start with. now hot springs is what i consider upper end on tubs so may be some more value there. is there any chance this was exposed to freezing temps at all when not running?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was inside but the room was shut off not heated it looks to be in fair condition some mildew on the cover but nothing major by the looks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was told it was 4 years old but upon checking apparently they stopped making that one 10 years ago
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

so usually my main concern would be if it got left empty in freezing condition. even if they said they emptied it they can hold water in the under piping and freeze. if you are able to fill it and see if it leaks anywhere that would be a little bit of insurance for you. if it is 10 years old i would say more down in the 500.00 to 1000.00 range if working condition. it is a good brand.