Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

Helo, We have a hot springs jetsetter JJ older model, I

Customer Question
Helo, Hello, We have...

Helo, Hello, We have a hot springs jetsetter JJ older model

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I cleaned the tub this weekend (as I usually do), however when the buddy was draining it he forgot to unplug thee tub. I turned it off immediately when i saw it was not off (about 3/4 empty). However now Both the ready light and power light are flashing. it is not heating or lighting up Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just a few days. Jets and cleaning system are both working ok

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes unless we cannot rectify the matter then will need to call in a specialist

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have removed the new filters and tried it- still nothing. We have also unplugged and tried it- no luck

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
8/3/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Cole, Salesman replied 6 months ago
Cole
Cole, Salesman

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help. So i think you have some sort of air lock in the system. it usually does not hurt the tub it has safety devices that shut it off so it does not try and heat dry. what i would try and do is loosen any union nuts on top of pump(S) until they spill a touch of water than re tighten them hand tight. also if there is a union on the sides of the heater loosen them up to do the same thing. do all this with power off and then once your done turn it back on and see if its cured. it should take care of it.

Hi- ok just got home from work. I will try this tomorrow morning (dark and raining now). I am going to have my husband try to do this. I hope it works. If it does not, do I just respond back to you? Thanks!
Hopefully you got it...
Ok. I Am not sure what I am doing. My husband comes home tonight. By any chance if I send you picture of unit you can show me (and him if he needs). Or can you send to me? Identifying where to remove it at? Thanks!!
We tried this yesterday and did not work. We think we need a new heater. Is there a way to test the heater before we purchase a new one?
Cole
Cole
Cole, Salesman