Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

H250ED2 Pool heater not coming on. Sorry - didn't finish my

Customer Question

H250ED2 Pool heater not coming on.
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Sorry - didn't finish my question. Service light is coming on and "LO" is flashing. I don't know who made the pool - it's above ground, 15x30.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What does "LO' mean?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 2 months ago.

when was your filter last cleaned? If the pump has been off and then goes on and the heaters fires and then goes off, you may have a dirty filter that is affecting the pressure switch. The reason is the flow into the filter builds dirt back onto the media and cuts flow. It falls off with the pump going off and momentarily increases flow.

If the filter was recently cleaned, you need to address the pressure switch in the presence of good flow. LO is an indicator of no flow.

I would look into the pressure switch if the pumps are all running good and you have not altered valves.