Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

HAYWARD HEATER HD100ID NO SPARK CHANGED THE BOard and jumped…

Customer Question
HAYWARD HEATER HD100ID...

HAYWARD HEATER HD100ID NO SPARK CHANGED THE BOard and jumped out the sensers still no spark

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just trhis week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thwe heater is one year old

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
7/30/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Does the control and the igniter have a good ground?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does.
Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 1 year ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. With your help, hopefully we can find a quick and correct solution that will answer your specific question. Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

I pulled this from a blog and thought it might help solve your problem.

If the high limits are good, then it is also possible that the tubes in the heat exchanger are clogged or the internal water flow bypass is malfunctioning and bypassing too much water. I don't know if the spring in the bypass is still available. I went back to the heater and gave the heat exchanger main pipe a rap or two with the handle end of a screw driver. The heater immediately began to make knocking, popping and rattling noises. (water flow problem)

I took off the main water connections to the heater and looked into the inlet end. I could see that the water flow bypass "spring" had broken off at both ends and was jammed downward - causing the water to flow through the main pipe, but not diverting into the heat exchanger. When I touched it with my fingers it was loose and flopping around inside.

The water bypass "spring" looks a lot like a salmon fishing flasher - about 10 inches long, 3inches wide and bent at the ends in opposite directions. Hayward used "epoxy" (not even welded) to attach the both ends to the main copper pipe that makes up the flow-through chamber for the heat exchanger.

Luckily there is 1/4 inch vertical tube that houses a temperature sensor for the thermostat at the inlet end of the main chamber. I was able to put a pipe clamp on this tube and force the water flow bypass spring up into it's proper position. Heater is now working great.

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 12 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Pool and Spa Expert: David Bowden, Pool and Spa Certified replied 11 months ago

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave