Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

299k heater comes on - pool heat goes - heater light blinks…

Customer Question
299k heater comes on...

299k heater comes on - pool heat goes green - heater light blinks yellow. .then turns solid yellow then blinks again then solid yellow and the service heater light comes on - slight smell of gas - heater one year and two monthes old - had been working until today

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?

Built in 1973 - wood and cement sides

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it;s safe or will call Bottini who insrtalled the heater - think it's the ignitor

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
7/30/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What's the brand and model number of your heater?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pentair propane 220k max-e-therm installed may 2016
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no = let's see if it worth $37 first

I"m assuming the fan runs, since you smell gas that would point to an igniter issue. Are you comfortable pulling the igniter and checking it out? Do you have a multi-meter?