Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have an Artesian Santa Cruz, i have removed the filters

Customer Question

I have an Artesian Santa Cruz, i have removed the filters and it runs for a while when I reset the power. Than after a while sometimes 1 day sometimes less the lights on the control panel start flashing and it stops heating. Is this the circulating pump, the flow switch or the high limit switch?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Its been going on for about 8 months. It is severe enought that every time I use it I have to reset the power.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: cirulation pump & ozone seem to be working.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 2 months ago.

That is definitely a puzzling one...If it were me I would start by replacing the flow switch as that is the most common problem with no heat. Be sure the filters are clean or new, make sure the pumps run good and have good water pressure when running, especially the circulation pump. If you change the flow switch and it still happens, I would check to see if the circulation pump is clogged at the impeller which means you need to remove and open up the front of the pump and look at impeller for clogs.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The spa does heat, the lights start flashing when I set to 103/104. The ozone is working and the circulation pump seems to have lots of pressure. I have taken the filters out also and it helps, but not much. The main pump has plenty of pressure.

Oh you stated it stops heating in your original question. I would still replace the flow switch as this is the most probable cause. Since the pump is good and the filter made it better, then do the flow switch

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am waiting on a flow switch to see if that corrects the problem.

OK let me know how it goes