Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

My husband and I bought a Solana hot tub in 2006 and love

Customer Question

My husband and I bought a Solana hot tub in 2006 and love it. Somehow this past winter we did not get all the water out of the drain lines and the base of the drain cracked. Where we bought the hot tub were great about helping us get the parts and my handy husband was able to fix it and refoam the hot tub. We were very disappointed when we were working on the tub, how poor quality the wooden support system was. The wood supports were glued together pieces of wood and now were all coming apart because the water seating in the black drip tray. Now all the supports are going to be needed to repaired for the hot tub to be usable again. Who do we contact about this poor construction for a expensive hot tub. Thanks
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: Oh I forgot my name. It is Sue. The back of the owners manual says Watkins Manufacturing corporation.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure at this time. We have other projects that need to get done and we had to wait from June 7 when the parts were ordered to get the parts.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that we are terribly dissatisfied.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We think this is a manufacturing defect, and a huge defect. How do we directly get a hold of someone to deal with it. We know what has to be done, but there is no way that the supports should be falling apart. We want a person to talk to directly about this, not an email or someone telling us we are going to have replace the wooden pieces or reinforce them. Llike I said before, we want to talk directly to someone about the poor construction.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 2 months ago.

Well the spa is 11 years old and the warranty period of most spas is 5 years so their position will be that of no warranty. Sorry for that but I know how these companies work. Watkins is the parent company of several manufacturers, they handle, Hot Springs, tiger River, caldera spas to reach out to the manufacturer you need to know the exact name of your spa. Along with that you need to get your serial # from underneath the skirting by the pumps etc, then call them and ask. I would get wood from Home Depot or Lowes and rebuild the structure yourself then get Trex type deck material and make new side panels.