David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

I'm am k Corley I bought 6' round hot tub in 2016 and now

Customer Question

hello i'm am gary k Corley I bought 6' round hot tub in 2016 and now when we turn the heater on it blows the breaker on the plug in
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a cuple of weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: that depends on cost and need to know to fix it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what could be causing the poblem
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  David Bowden replied 2 months ago.

Hello… my name is ***** ***** I am very knowledgeable in this subject to help answer your question, would you like my expert advice today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please tell me what I need to do or what the problem is

please give me a few moments to type my response which will appear shortly.

from reading your post it sounds like the heating element has shorted out, which would cause the breakers to immediately trip.

if the breakers didn't trip there is a good chance of electrocution

if you have electrical testing equipment, you can check to see if the element has the correct voltage

If you do not have testing equipment, it may become necessary for you to contact a qualified local service provider, who has the proper testing equipment and can perform much more detailed onsite troubleshooting, after which they can discuss the best cost worthy solutions with you.

As a qualified expert, I am only able to offer you some basic and specific advice via this email/text, which may or may not have been sufficient enough to answer your question right now to your satisfaction.

Thank you for allowing me to help answer and possibly resolve your question today, however before you log off I ask that you please take a few seconds and consider selecting the 5-STAR rating located on the rating box which will complete and close out your question

Please note the rating itself does not agree to or acknowledge complete overall satisfaction, it merely signifies that I have acted in a professional manner and made a reasonable attempt to help answer your question to the best of my ability, based on my experience.

If you have any disputes or feel that this site didn’t perform to your expectations, please contact customer service/support to request a refund.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave