Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

Replaced water temperature sensor on a sundance hot tub, tub

Customer Question

replaced water temperature sensor on a sundance hot tub, tub is heating up, but I cannot get the temp up button to respond to raise temp.
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: sundance
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is done
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: did you read my question
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 2 months ago.

If the topside control buttons do not register then most likely the topside is bad and needs replacing, they use a sensor type touch pad and these sensors can fail over time, I have also seen it be the circuit board but that is rare. Check that the topside plug on the circuit board is ok and pushed into circuit board completely. If that is fine you would need to order a new topside. Try and turn off power to spa, unplug topside from board then reinsert plug and turn power back on and see if that works.