Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My control panel 702) display blacked out and I have the tem…

Customer Question
My control panel 702)...

My control panel 702) display blacked out and I have the tem set at 102 but it goies to 105 on Its own??

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 Months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I do not know. I am tring to find out it would cost. Both to buy the unit and to have it replaced?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I have cleaned the filters and the display still said 102 set but courent temp 105

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I bought the spa around Aug 2013

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Pool and Spa
7/24/2017
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 12 months ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

What is the make and model of your spa? Once the display goes blank but the buttons all work you need to replace the topside. The thermostat is controlled thru the topside so this may be why it is not stopping at set temp.

All thermostats have a 2 degree fluctuation in them and if it is very warm where you live that could also be causing the rise.