James Hankins
James Hankins,
Experience:  Maintenance Supervisor/Account Manager at Sears Pool Management Consultants
99296952

Backwashing, after back washing my pool and putting the pump

Customer Question

Backwashing
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: after back washing my pool and putting the pump in normal position i can't get it to stop f
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: owing out the back drain
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i might. I Jane the Hayward vari-floxl
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it about about 6years old
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've had this problem about a month
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
After backwashing my pool I can't get it to stop flowing out of the backwash port
Expert:  James Hankins replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you with this. It sounds like the spider gasket in your multiport has worn out. This allows water to leak through and out the waste line. As you can see in the picture, over the years that gasket can wear out and/or become misaligned inside the multiport. It can be replaced, but I'd advise caution if you intend to replace it yourself, as it can be very tricky put back in. If you intend to do it yourself and need any help, please feel free to let me know!

Expert:  James Hankins replied 2 days ago.

Hi there! I just wanted to follow up with you and ask if my Answer was of any help. This question page is still open, so if you have any questions about the information I provided, please feel free to post those here. I'm here if you need me! Thank you for using JustAnswer!