Cole
Cole, Salesman
Experience:  tech support, purchasing and sales at my family owned business.
95045110

I have a Gecko spa pack. My breaker trips. When I disconnect

Customer Question

I have a Gecko spa pack.
My breaker trips.
When I disconnect the 2 copper wires on the bottom panel (heater)
everything is ok and my pump works..
Is it the heater that is causing my breaker to shut down?
Regards,
Simon
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about hot tubs and I think I can help as I have over 10 years of experience.So you did what I would suggest to start by disconnecting the heater and seeing if it runs. So I would tend to say yes its your heater shorting out. If you have an amp meter you could put it around each one (one at a time and see how many amps it pulls when engaging in the heat cycle. but you could be almost certain its the element that bad without the test so i other words if your not worried about the money for throwing a part at it without testing than your element is the best starting point. If you do want to test just see how many amps it pulls. Different watts elements pull different amperage you can find these on internet or if you tell me the wattage i can find it for you. I am glad to help further if needed. Thank you have a great weekend.