Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

We have cal-spa tub and just recently had it moved and

Customer Question
seemed to be working ok...
We have cal-spa tub and just recently had it moved and seemed to be working ok, but then the pump/motor sounds like it's awfully loud and almost grinding? And also yesterday I noticed I had turned the temp down to 100 but it kept heating past 102. We shut the spa off at the breaker. Turned it back on today, temp is down to 95 so I set it to 96 to see what would happen. Now the heater won't come on at all. Any thoughts?
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Cal-spa
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what the issue may be, if it's a simple reset then no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I typed the issues above, right after you asked if you could help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 2 days by:
11/19/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 12 months ago
Billy
Billy, Technician

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Thank you Billy! We called the spa service tech to come on out and have a look. Turns out the whole pump had to be taken out. Bad bearings/impeller?

Makes sense...grinding noise....the slow flow heated water too much when it lost velocity through heater. Which finally tripped safety.

I thank you for the response.

Billy

Thank you! It's nice to have a back up opinion of the same diagnosis.
They are going to re-build the pump and we will cross our fingers that it does the trick.
Have a great weekend, and happy holiday.

I wish you a great weekend...and I thank you for having a pleasant demeanor given the the long wait you had.

Once again I apologize and wish you the best on your repair.

Billy

Thank you very much, I'll be sure to check back in with you once the pump is back in, and should I have any other issues arise you'll be my first stop.-Emily
Billy
Billy
Billy, Technician