Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a 6 jet large Jacuzzi not used that often and it has

Customer Question

Hi I have a 6 jet large Jacuzzi not used that often and it has a push on and off button, there is power there but the motor is not switching on?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just recently ii filled it up for my wife but it would not switch on.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Was hoping to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Such as?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like you have an air switch. If so then there is a small tube connected to the button on the tub the other end at the switch on the pump. The first thing to try is to bypass theswitch on the pump to see if the pump runs. The tub should have enough water to cover the jets before you run the motor.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How is it best to bypass the switch?
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

The air switch itself is usually mounted on top of the pump. Open the cover to exposed the wiring (kill the power first). Connect the 2 leads that are connected to the switch together and turn the power back on. Be sure the tub is full at least to above the jets. If the pump runs either the switch is bad or the air tubing is kinked or disconnected where it connects to the button on the tub.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have connected the two wires from the air switch and put the power back on and nothing has happened, the power switch still lights up on the bath, was wondering have I not done the correct wires?
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

I can't say from here. All I can tell you is that there should be 2 leads coming from the pump motor. One will be common (usually white) and the hot lead which is connected to the switch. The switch should have 2 leads and it's those leads that get connected together to bypass the switch.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
One is brown and the other one is blue, just wondered why the switch still lit up when they are disconnected. But still am sure they are the correct ones but as I said nothing happens when they are joined together.
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

The leads to the pump just powers the pump. Jumping out the pump switch leads wouldn't affect anything else. If you jumped the pump switch leads at the pump and it didn't run then you probably need a new pump