Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have a older Watkins Oasis 2 that the jets won't kick on

Customer Question
and there are flashing lights...
I have a older Watkins Oasis 2 that the jets won't kick on and there are flashing lights below the temperature display. Has been a wonderful work horse but it seems to have given up on me....
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Off and on for a month or so???
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Spent $300 having a new heater installed last year and husband says no more having anyone coming out. Ok thanks!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 3 days by:
11/19/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 1 year ago
Billy
Billy, Technician

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still stumped, that's for sure! Would appreciate any help!!!

is the circulator pump running? Is there any flow of water when turned on at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No - the lights flash under the temp display but when I press the jets button I only hear the switch click. Nothing happens.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By the way - thanks Billy!! My name is Shawna.

ok Shawna the issue is the pump motor not running.

Without the motor running the water doesnt move through the pipes.....if the water does not move through the piping a switch cannot verify operation so nothing happens.

Now it must be determined if the motor is getting power but not running = bad motor.....or...motor is NOT getting power = circuit board.

Billy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I test to see if the circuit board is the issue?? I have a voltmeter and am pretty decent at testing things but I am obviously out of my league at the moment.

can you open the service doors and take a picture and post here? Then I can direct with drawings

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You rock Billy!! Pics to follow

the only negative is that I do this in my spare time and come and go depending on my service calls.

So if your patient we can work through it. If I do not respond in a timely manner it is just because I am busy, but will respond as soon as I can

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I duplicated a couple there. Sorry.

first some study material....

See Here

See the diagram above the board matches and tells us where things are..

Then note my arrows and the position of pump 1 terminals...wire color etc...see if you can identify the black, red and white wires that run to the pump 1.

Then once we get a handle on the locations we move forward....one step at atime..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - I have located P12 & p14

May I see a pic of your meter please so I know we are set right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - I have them reattached properly now

test a working outlet and tell me voltage...we first test the tester...if that makes sense..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here comes my ineptitude - not one with the breaker thrown - a "hot" one??

correct..any outlet we know is working...black in one side of plug and red in other...any outlet in the home will do as lonng as we know it is hot

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gave me several readings 48.4 30.3 just fluctuates

try this...

see here

tell me reading

Then see Here

and tell me readings

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are awesome!! But I have run out of time and daylight for tonight?? Can we try again tomorrow?? At your convenience of course!! I am so grateful for your help!!!!

ok I see....You just did a me to me..

I understand totally. Take your time and just respond as you can...another glitch in this sytem however, is anytime you respond to me it forces me to make a response...so in other words once you are done for a given session...just let my last message sit without you responding...or everytime you send a message I have to send one back...make sense?

Billy
Billy
Billy, Technician