Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a leisure bay spa with a 501s control panel. I have…

Customer Question
I have a leisure...

I have a leisure bay spa with a 501s control panel. I have power going to heater 2 but not heater 1 giving me only 120 as opposed to 240 volts.

Contractor's Assistant: Who manufactured the spa?

Leisure bay

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yrs im a licensed electrician and it's my own spa.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not getting heat. Have 240 volts going to the terminal block. Evert hinges is working but the heat. I have power going through the heater coil just not to the heater 1 terminal.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 3 days by:
10/27/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Cole, Salesman replied 1 year ago
Cole
Cole, Salesman

Hi there, I'm Cole. I think i can help you with this.

so first thing i always do is trace the power back and see where it stops. if it stops at the relay than what is supposed to open that coil? so most common on these spas is pressure switch (wire coming in and coming back out) or high limit sensor/switch or thermostat. sometimes within this testing it could be as simple as one of the buss fuses on the circuit board itself.