poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have an older Hot Springs Classic Spa 115 Volt. I've had

Customer Question

Hi, I have an older Hot Springs Classic Spa 115 Volt. I've had it for two years and absolutely no problems till it recently started leaking.
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Watkins, I investigated and found the drywell for the recirculating water had ruptured. I replaced it and now it is tripping the house circuit breaker each time I turn the pump on.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I'm a contractor and do my own electric work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I cant read a model # off of the tub as the labe has been peeled. Also,
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'd like to pull the control box but I cant understand how to do that
Expert:  Cole replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help as I have over 10 years of experience.

Expert:  Cole replied 11 months ago.

first question is what is this "dry well" that leaked and got replaced? also do you have a multi meter or voltage tester available to use?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Cole,
I'm very busy and just forund time to see your response.The drywell I mention is a copper threaded receptacle which encloses a thermo-sensor It's 10" tapered cylinder open on one end to the equipment access area of the tub, that opening is where the thermosensor is inserted. I purchased a replacement from Backyard Spas (?) and it fits with no leaking.Yes I have a voltmeter